April 10, 2007 · filed under blonde moments, wedding

cheap therapy

Holy cow. I just ordered 1,268 wedding photos from Kodak Gallery. That’s one thousand two hundred and sixty eight photos. My brain hurts from all the uploading!

I am finally doing this five months after my wedding, just when I thought I was fully recovered from a rough case of Post Nuptual Depression (PND). Talk about bringing back my symptoms:

• Failure to thrive in non-tropical environment, check!
  • Extreme pangs of loneliness from missing friends and family, check!
  • Feelings of worthlessness over lack of things to stress out over, check!
  • Unending desire to repeat the past like some sort of Groundhog Day-esque stunt, check!
  • Sense of hopelessness that no other life event will ever compare and the best of life is now behind me, check!

The only cure is to share more photos.

Did I ever mention how we did this really cool canyon zip line thingie? It was great bonding for our guests so that by the time the actual wedding came we were all BFFs

I miss my college roomies

My bouquet fell to the floor, but was rescued shortly thereafter

Me and my dad, after burning 67,000 calories dancing and taking, uhhhh, several tequila shots

My blog got a shoutout in the toast by the best man, which is why I look really embarrassed here

This is how we spent our days, aka Why everyone should have a destination wedding:

When I die they are going to write this on my tombstone: “Do I have anything in my teeth?”

Everyone should have a honeymoon once a year, AT LEAST

Whew, that was fun! Only 1,259 more to go…. (just kidding, I’ll spare you the rest. I have to go back into PND rehab anyway.)

1. Jenni
    April 10, 2007 10:40 pm

These are great pictures! You look so pretty! You’re pictures are starting to make me think that a destination wedding would be SO fun!

I’m afraid that when I get married my PND will be so bad…I get depressed every year after Christmas…and that’s an annual event!

2. alyndabear
    April 10, 2007 10:43 pm

Oh I LOVE these shots. Very candid. Mexico looks gorgeous, as do you and your wedding guests. What was said about the blog? I must know! :D

3. Sijbrich
    April 11, 2007 3:10 am

I love looking at yours and everyone else’s wedding pictures. I made a wedding album from the Kodak website and I find myself looking at it every once in a while just sighing, thinking about what a great day it was. I ask my husband every once in a while if he’d like to get married again. I’d so love to have another party and get all gussied up again. *sigh* Weddings are wonderful. Thanks for sharing a bit of yours. Anytime you want to share the other 1,259 photos, I’d be happy to enjoy them.;-)

April 11, 2007 4:01 am

Uh, seriously?!? Wow – this is beautiful! The DestinationWedding.com people should pay you for the incredible PR you just published. Perhaps they can send you on a second honeymoon? I think it’s only fitting.

Love these pics, am seriously craving tropics, sunshine, beach, anything in that general category…it snowed here this morning… boo! hiss! Isn’t it supposed to be getting WARMER? Honestly!

5. Chipp
    April 11, 2007 5:11 am

Oh Janet,

The best days of your life are still ahead. Although college was fun and your post college adventures too before settling down in D.C. you are living the life which you’ve wanted for a long long time……and you love it!

Anyways I’m sure you and Andrew will have plenty of adventures.

Just try not to forget what is was like to be single…..I still need girl advice!

6. Erika
    April 11, 2007 6:07 am

I wish I could have got my wedding photos on Kodak Gallery. I hope you got the $0.10 prints!! Good for you girl! I love the one of everybody lounging in the water…

7. Zandria
    April 11, 2007 8:05 am

Those are so great! I love the photo-filled post. I don’t do it very often, but I guess we were both feeling inspired yesterday. :)

8. Marianne
    April 11, 2007 8:05 am

Janet! I swear we had the same wedding! Was that zip line adventure part of the Mayan Encounter tour? We did something similar: Mayan village, zip line, rappelled into a cenote, hiked, ate lunch, and then went to Coba. Rock on!

I personally think destination weddings are the way to go. It’s so nice to have everything taken care of for you.

You’re a doll!

9. Laurie
    April 11, 2007 8:06 am

You guys are so cute and I love seeing the wedding shots, so please keep them coming. It brings back great memories of my fun day, too! Destination wedding = the perfect day! Yeah for you guys! Next Nov 11 – we should beach it together (ha!!)

10. jenrae
    April 11, 2007 8:25 am

Hi Janet! I’ve been reading your blog for the last few months. Love these photos. My husby and I were married June 2006 and honeymooned in Cabo! Loved it! Your pics remind me of ours!!! Cheers!

~Jen

11. Jennifer
    April 11, 2007 8:30 am

I saw on your sidebar thingy last week that you were loving the Kodak 10cent print thing too — and I meant ot say something, but I forgot. I took advantage of it too, but not half as much as you did. Think of all the money you just saved!

And your pictures are sooo cute.

12. elise
    April 11, 2007 8:36 am

Aww, you look so HAPPY. That’s awesome :)

April 11, 2007 8:44 am

I love seeing candid wedding shots. The posed ones are pretty, but the others are just FUN. I am so envious of the family zip line!

14. Laurel
    April 11, 2007 9:46 am

That last picture of you and Andrew is gorgeous! And your candid shots came out really nice–they’re such a toss-up!

I suppose the one nice thing about not having an engagement / wedding any time in the near future is delaying the Wedding Planning gratification, right?

April 11, 2007 10:05 am

I can’t believe I missed this wedding.

16. Julie
    April 11, 2007 10:20 am

Keep the pictures comin’!

I love them.

Destination weddings sound fun.
    Maybe I can convince my mom…
    Oh wait I’m not EVEN engaged.

Oh well
    Wishful thinking.

April 11, 2007 10:50 am

I LOVE your wedding pictures! The one of all of you lounging in the pool looks like it came straight out of the resort brochure.

I knew I wanted a local wedding because having as many of our friends and family attend as possible was really important. But even since before we got married I have known that we will someday have a destination vow-renewal ceremony. And when that happens I will be emailing you for advice because your wedding was pretty much my ideal destination re-wedding!

Hmmm…is 2 years after the wedding too soon to have another big fiesta to renew our vows? Because I don’t know how much longer I can wait for that beach and pool!

18. cady
    April 11, 2007 11:32 am

i had the same feelings you did when i was looking through our wedding pictures. sigh. i loved planning my wedding and when it actually happened. i bet i’ll match your number of pictures when i get the rest printed!

19. Pingback: hola, isabel » With this ring…