July 6, 2009 · filed under up to

up to

mailing

lovestamps

Love Stamps: King and Queen of Hearts (USPS)

I am head over heels loving these newly issued stamps from the Postal Service. Please, please somebody get married and send me an invitation stamped with these lovelies designed by Jeanne Greco. For now I’m just putting them on all my bills – borrrr-ing!

*****

moisturizing

trishmcevoy

Trish McEvoy ‘Protective Shield’ Moisturizer SPF 15 (Nordstrom and many other stores)

For years I’ve been a drugstore Oil of Olay kind of gal, and let’s be honest, when this tube runs out I’ll probably go back to it because it’s 1/5 the price, but ooh la la, this face lotion, gifted to me as a splurge gift by my sister-in-law, makes my skin feel divine.

*****

drinking

jeremiahweed

Sweet Tea Vodka (one brand is Jeremiah Weed)

What tastes JUST like sweet tea, but has the alcoholic content of vodka? Sweet tea vodka. Mixed with lemonade, it’s a boozy Arnold Palmer, emphasis on the boozy. I recommend inserting this into your summer drinking circuit, but be forewarned regarding how easy it is to gulp these without realizing how much alcohol you are consuming. I find it to be a bit overly sweet when mixed only with lemonade so I’m going to try mixing with part soda water next time. (Here’s a fellow blogger who blogged about it as well, and got some helpful comments.)

Confidential to my DC Peeps: Laughing Man Tavern on 13th and G NW has this on special for $4 after 7pm.

*****

grilling

photo

Chili Lime Grilled Corn

Credit for this recipe goes to Jessica and her husband, but it’s so delicious I can’t help but share. Grill some corn on the cob, and forget about dousing it in butter/salt/pepper. Instead,  sprinkle it with a little cayenne pepper, slather on a little sour cream, and then squeeze a wedge of lime over it for the Best Corn You’ve Ever Eaten. Just trust me on this one! Also, please have extra napkins on hand.

*****

What are you up to? What amazing product/food/drink/movie/show/song am I missing?

1. the ambitious mrs
    July 6, 2009 9:01 pm

On vacation I was drinking a lot of ginger ale and limeade mixes, and iced vanilla lattes. By the way, have you tried the coffee maker?

July 7, 2009 6:42 am

We recently learned how to make steaks the right way on the grill, so when those suckers are on sale, that’s what I’m eating! Also, lots of squash as I can not lose weight eating steak. But about this corn…do you think it would be good with no-fat sour cream?

PS I love those stamps! I need to get some, and then figure out what I can mail to people so I can use them.

3. DC
    July 7, 2009 7:57 am

Love the sweet tea vodka! I found it too sweet with lemonade as well, so I mix it with plain water and lots of fresh lemons…perfection.

July 7, 2009 8:16 am

That corn looks AMAZING. Yum.

Also, I need to buy some of those lovely stamps.

5. charise
    July 7, 2009 12:55 pm

i am taking my wedding invites to get weighed at the post office this week, and if they are going to be at least close to 88 cents (small square but not sure if they’ll be under or over 1 oz), i was planning on getting those stamps! i’d rather have 2 cute stamps than 1 ugly stamp or a whole bunch of small denomination stamps if they require an off-amount of postage.

6. Jackie
    July 7, 2009 2:13 pm

I am loving the spiked Arnold Palmers too!

7. Heidi
    July 7, 2009 2:16 pm

sweet tea vodka = amazing. I had it at Lola’s a couple weeks ago.

also, i’m using those stamps for our RSVP envelopes :D

July 7, 2009 4:25 pm

um love those stamps and i may have to try my corn like that next time.

and i’m totally digging “blame it on the boogie” by the jackson 5. such a good dance song.

July 8, 2009 12:40 pm

A boozy Arnold Palmer sounds exactly right. I need to find me some of that vodka of which you speak…

Tangentially, the husband was watching some golf tournament this year, and a commercial came up for the Arnold Palmer Museum. I wasn’t really watching or listening, but I perked up when I heard the name, and I said, “Arnold Palmer! I love him!” JG was like, “He is not just a drink, dear,” all FULL OF DISDAIN.

10. Operation Pink Herring
    July 9, 2009 7:54 am

I was so bummed when USPS came out with those stamps after I’d already put boring-ass heart stamps on all my wedding invitations.

11. Kat
    July 9, 2009 9:39 am

What I think is amazing….today:
    Product (Baby) – Baby bumbo, T is sitting up more and more and its just so easy to put anywhere.
    Product (Me) – my turbo jam work out video. gettin my but back in shape
    Food – cold stone – cookie doughn’t you want some
    Drink – 5 barrel. Always my fav
    Movie – Can’t Buy Me Love – I so want to be Cindy Mancini
    Show – How I Met Your Mother – Love me some Doogie
    Song – Raindrops from the Sun by Imani Coppola

ps….drank vodka ice teas last year in Mexico….dangerous, yet awesome.

12. Julie
    July 10, 2009 7:35 am

Omg! That vodka sounds amazing… I’m going out to get it…
    As soon as the liquor stores open.. haha

13. jessica
    July 10, 2009 8:25 am

Hooray for the greatest corn on earth (which I am now craving at 9:30am, thankyouverymuch)!

14. Rhi
    July 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Google Reader recommended you to me :)

- I received a wedding invitation with one of those stamps on it and I believe I squealed when I saw the stamp. SO CUTE.

- I saw that vodka in a magazine and turned my nose up at it, but with lemonade, it sounds really good. I may have to try it.

- And, lastly, I made this corn for the 4th and it was AWESOME: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Corn-on-the-Cob-with-Chee se-and-Lime-102040

15. TK
    July 15, 2009 3:48 pm

OMG, I used those stamps for wedding shower invitations. I spent a ton of time making sure they all lined up and were facing each other. I am very in love with them too!!