November 26, 2011 · filed under life

13 gift ideas

We are celebrating the holidays super low-key around here this year. I’m just not feeling very merry or jolly, y’know? But that doesn’t mean a little retail therapy can’t help improve the mood a bit. Here are 13 gift ideas for you, or the 30-ish year old lady in your life who likes Etsy and pretty accessories.

from Etsy

(1) personalized pendant necklace w/ gemstone – $31 on sale through Monday. I bought one of these with a little M on it and simply adore it.

(2) 2012 desk calendar – $16. I don’t have this exact calendar, but I have something similar (now sold out) and it’s delightful on my otherwise drab desk.

(3) narwhal love print – $20. Sort of an inside joke in this house. But it’s cute even if you don’t get the joke.

(4) cat ball - $79. Howie has a cat ball. Howie loves his cat ball. Your cat is probably now jealous of Howie.

(5) handwritten address stamp – $52. A bit spendy but oh, so pretty!

to look pretty

(6) emi-jay hair ties – $11. Found via whoorl. At the top of the list to buy for myself if Santa doesn’t do it first. My name is Janet and I am a Ponytail Addict.

(7) gap colorblock scarf – $21. Found via RA. It would match everything, don’t you agree?

(8) essie school of hard knocks nail polish – $8. It’s green with lots of gray in it, and it’s amazing.

(9) sephora eucalyptus cuticle oil – $12. Adding this product to at-home manicures makes salon manicures pretty much unnecessary, so really I’m saving you money. Credit goes to my sister-in-law for this find.

just because

(10) iphone4 capsule – $40. I love my current case, but this one seems one notch more protective of my precious phone. And how adorable is that design?

(11) florence + the machine / ceremonials – $15. This album motivated me to clean my room this weekend. Anyone who knows me in real life knows this is a big deal.

(12) eco yoga mat – $54. Something to excite the new yogini in me.

(13) canvas storage bins – $28-$48. Maybe I’d be better at cleaning my room if I had a couple of these.

I’d love to hear which of these items you want the most, or what else you’re buying this holiday season.

1. Michelle
    November 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Um, I love that case for the iphone! I am currently looking for a new case for my beloved iphone 4s (and I was looking for one when you posted about your current case). I am also in love with Essie nail polish. It’s becoming a habit to purchase a new color whenever I am at Target.

2. Aly @ Breathe Gently
    November 27, 2011 12:05 am

Super cute iPhone case – and I love the cat ball. I am jealous of Howie’s cat ball. Only we buy Oscar spendy beds and he prefers sleeping on the floor, or on cardboard boxes. I kid you not. He’s passed out on one right now.

November 27, 2011 11:49 am

Love Florence + the Machine! Definitely good motivator-music. :) On your list, I would be most excited for the nail polish, the scarf, the desk calendar. But what I’m most excited for is the holiday decorations I just ordered from Roost. They are lovely. I allow myself some mad money to spend on holiday decorations every year and figure in about 20 years I’ll have an amazing collection. :)

November 27, 2011 11:53 am

I meant “what I’m most excited for ARE the decorations” hello grammar, nice to meet you.

November 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Is this like a registry where I get to tick these items off your list? Because I love all the ideas! (Might have to get a few for my Mother’s-In-Law!)

November 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Oh, yes, those colorblock scarves DO go with everything! I got lots of compliments on mine over Thanksgiving, and then I made it all awkward when I was like, “Feel how SOFT it is!” But, it is so soft! Big, big thumbs-up from over here.

Lovely selections, all.

7. Tonya
    November 27, 2011 9:47 pm

I love all of these….maybe because I am a 30ish woman??? Thanks for the ideas and I have several people I can think of for some of these!

8. Janet
    November 28, 2011 12:08 am

Hey, I am a 30ish lady who likes Etsy and pretty accessories! You have great taste. :)

9. Chrissie
    November 30, 2011 11:57 am

Oh gosh, I love so many of these things. What a great list!

December 1, 2011 12:44 pm

One day Iris and Howie should meet. It would be love at first sight.