July 16, 2012 · filed under life

two

We’ve been back from Scandinavia for a week now, and I’m finally getting around to uploading and editing photos. The trip was fantastic: full of family, beautiful sights, the adorableness of my nephew, ferries, trains, planes, boats, bikes, fjords, barns, and 24-hour sunlight.

I want to share a couple of things I bought. First, these precious little reindeer onesies from Norway.

Baby Reindeer

And these spunky little viking baby shirts from Iceland.

Baby Vikings

I have knots in my stomach typing this up for all the world to finally know…but I am pregnant. And it’s twins. And they’re boys. And they look healthy. And I’m halfway there.

There is so much more to say, but I’ll stop here for now. I’ve got two more little boy babies growing inside me, and it’s totally insane and totally amazing.

July 17, 2012 10:46 am

I am and continue to be BEYOND happy for you and A. Oh my goodness. Like, heart-burstingly happy.

xo

2. Erin
    July 17, 2012 10:56 am

Oh I have tears in my eyes… I am so incredibly happy for you!! You will have my most positive thoughts and prayers constantly for you and those amazing babies!!! Can’t wait to hear more when you’re ready to share!

3. Melissa
    July 17, 2012 11:17 am

I am sooooo happy for the two of you!! This is so exciting. I know that you had a very rough year last year…But now you’re being doubly blessed…So wonderful!!

4. bethmk
    July 17, 2012 11:39 am

Yay! I’m so happy for you and your growing family! Congratulations and best wishes.

5. Katina
    July 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Yowza, Twins! That’s awesome! fingers crossed and good thoughts sent.

6. Florine
    July 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Huge congrats! I am glad your recent quietness has been for such a great reason.

7. Brooke
    July 17, 2012 1:48 pm

So happy to hear your news! I’m also madly in love with the Norwegian onesies. Oh my goodness the cuteness. They are precious, and I’m sure your boys will be, too. I hope the next few months pass quickly for you.

8. Andrea P
    July 17, 2012 2:02 pm

So happy for you Janet!!!!!!! These little boys are surrounded by love!

9. Larissa
    July 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Oh, yay!!! So happy for you guys. I know it’s been quite a journey…I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy, delivery and entrance into parenthood!

10. tori
    July 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Two boys! Congratulations-I am so happy for you and your growing family!!!!!

11. Maya
    July 17, 2012 4:27 pm

I know I said this on Twitter, but SOFREAKINGEXCITED!! Jumping up and down!!! That is amazing news and I’m sooooo happy…and I KNEW you were being ‘quiet” for some good reason – I guess it was TWO good reasons! Congratulations and love to Andrew- they are going to be champions!!

Aloha, love, all best wishes and happy days to your family now ! :)

Maya (Mrs Violet)

12. Kym
    July 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Delurking to say I’m so very happy for you both!! Can’t wait to read about your journey. Congratulations!

13. Melissa
    July 17, 2012 10:02 pm

I don’t comment often, but I’ve read your blog for years. Congratulations! What a wonderful double blessing after the tragedy you have endured! Baby boys are tons of fun!

14. operation pink herring
    July 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Oh, Janet. I saw someone’s reply to you on twitter and my heart skipped a beat. I am so happy for you guys! That doesn’t even begin to describe how happy I am. Ive been hoping my hardest for you and I am just so thrilled. Congratulations times a million.

15. Danielle
    July 17, 2012 10:47 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for years (since you got married I think) and I never comment but I just want to wish you congratulations. I look forward to following your journey and want to pass on many positive wishes for you and your twins.

16. Tonya
    July 17, 2012 10:53 pm

OH MY GOODNESS! I honestly cried when I read this! I am so happy for you and Andrew. I will be sending my prayers and thoughts to you and your new boys! God works in mysterious ways.

17. Becca
    July 18, 2012 12:02 am

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you guys! I can’t get over the cuteness of those onesies.. seriously adorbs. Those boys are going to be loved by the whole internet, and they are beyond blessed to have you two as parents. Miller is watching down on everyone and I know he’s there, watching his baby brothers grow. Bittersweet, I know.

July 18, 2012 8:32 am

I could not be happier. Congrats!!!!!!!

19. Meghan
    July 18, 2012 8:33 am

This makes my day!! I am thrilled for you. Congratulations!

20. Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks
    July 18, 2012 9:35 am

Reading this gave me the chills in the very best way possible. And if some random stranger on the internet gets the very best possible chills from your news, I can only imagine how exciting and scary and overwhelming and exciting this time is for you. Congrats!

21. Mary Frances
    July 18, 2012 1:46 pm

As soon as I saw the title of this post in my reader, I started hoping that this was your news. I’m so thrilled for you :)

July 18, 2012 6:00 pm

I just started bawling in my office. So happy for you! For all (four!) of you!

23. Amy
    July 19, 2012 12:34 pm

This is by far the best news I’ve heard all day. Congratulations to both of you and I am sending you all kinds of positive vibes!

24. Chrissie
    July 20, 2012 2:20 pm

I have been reading your blog for awhile now and can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am for you and your husband – such exciting and wonderful news! I know baby Miller will always be in both of your hearts, and wish you all the best in this pregnancy (and beyond!) with your twins. Congratulations!

25. Marianne
    July 21, 2012 11:13 am

Much love, joy, happiness and prayers for you, Janet. I cried when I read this.

26. Suzanne
    July 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Oh, Janet! That is wonderful news. Two healthy and wonderful baby boys! Those onesies are so sweet and I can’t wait to see photos of your littles in them. Fingers crossed for your health and your babies’ health and a super easy rest of pregnancy!

July 22, 2012 8:11 pm

This is amazing and wonderful news and I’m so happy for you! Congratulations! They’re going to be the best dressed little baby boys in all the land!

July 23, 2012 10:21 pm

TWINS! Oh my god, I’m crying right now. Maybe because I’m pregnant too, but no, it’s mostly because I’m so effing happy for you that tears are the only sensible thing. Twins! My heart is rejoicing. Congratulations!

29. Bee
    July 24, 2012 9:34 pm

JANET! Congratulations and best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy!

30. Darian
    July 25, 2012 4:20 pm

I am so happy to hear that after the sadness you experienced! Once I read your previous blog post, my heart went out to you and I prayed you would find the happiness you wanted. Blessings come in twos!

31. Emily
    July 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Ahhhh! I’m overjoyed for you. Twins– the love! I nannied for twins in my early 20s and I just marveled at their relationship with one another. What an amazing bond your kids will have!

I’m due in Dec. with my first baby, so I’m (extra) excited to hear your news and watch your development. Your boys are already so stylish!

32. eris