July 18, 2012 · filed under life

now for the details

After I dropped that happiness bomb on you, I suppose you’d like a few more details, eh? Let’s see…

…Although the babies are both boys, we are pretty sure they are fraternal twins, not identical. I’m super curious to see how much they look alike, but genetically, they’re as close as any ol’ pair of brothers.

…If all goes well, I’ll be having a C-section sometime in November. Earlier would likely mean preemie and NICU time, and later is just not gonna happen (despite an early December official due date).

…I’ve been watched like a hawk this pregnancy, and so far, despite lots and lots of looking, no one yet has found anything wrong. It’s taken me a long time to get used to hearing GOOD NEWS at medical appointments.

…Of course, this goes without saying, but I think about Miller all the time. All the time. This pregnancy is just about 2 weeks off calendar-wise from my pregnancy with him, so I’m hitting all the milestones at just about the same time of year. It’s even possible these babies will be born on what was supposed to be Miller’s birthday. I consider this overall a good thing; it helps him feel close. But I’d say my happy/sad/nervous ratio is just about equal parts of all those things.

…These babies are the result of a Hail Mary final IUI. I still have no idea how I can have so many failed IUIs and then get one that works…times two? Randomness. Getting pregnant (or not) often makes no sense. However, I’m very grateful that we did not have to pay for or endure IVF.

…So far, the best thing I can think of, and please don’t judge, but if I can just get two alive babies at the end of this, I NEVER HAVE TO BE PREGNANT AGAIN. Please, please, let the babies be alive.

This is what I look like today, though I think this photo is deceptively flattering. I FEEL much huger. Officially, my belly is as big as a 25 week singleton pregnancy, even though I’m at 20 weeks. It’s about to get really funĀ in here, right?

photo.JPG

Also…THANK YOU times a million for all of your well wishes. Your happiness about my good news — it’s nearly overwhelming. I truly appreciate it. I know these babies, and Baby Miller, are very loved, and it feels really amazing.

1. Renee
    July 18, 2012 2:09 pm

you look amazing!

July 18, 2012 2:14 pm

YOU LOOK GREAT!! And I’m glad to hear that things are good with the babies.

I think being on the same milestone path as you were when you were pregnant with Miller is kinda cool. It makes all three of them seem more connected to each other.

July 18, 2012 2:26 pm

Absolutely beautiful, Janet! And thanks for filling us in on all the details. I noticed that you were close to being on the same milestone path as you were with Miller and was wonering whether that was good or hard to deal with. I’m glad to hear it makes him feel more connected to you and these boys.

I will be praying with everything I’ve got that come November you have two healthy, happy, beautiful baby boys.

4. Kandi
    July 18, 2012 2:35 pm

This is so exciting! Praying for healthy babies for you guys.
    I forgot to wish you a happy birthday this year, birthday twin. Hope it was a good one!

July 18, 2012 2:42 pm

This is just the happiest of news.

And I’m just so happy you got to skip IVF.

6. Operation Pink Herring
    July 18, 2012 2:42 pm

You look so beautiful! And fashionable! And YOU’RE PREGNANT!!! I’m still riding the happiness wave on this news. Two little babies! Will be thinking of you every single day hoping for everything to go smoothly and perfectly. I love that their birthday will fall close to Miller’s.

7. Charise
    July 18, 2012 2:43 pm

I am so excited and happy for you guys! Good thoughts coming your way for a continued healthy pregnancy and two perfect little boys!

Also, you DO look like a super awesomely cute pregnant lady!

8. Angela Noelle
    July 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Um, I love your pants… are those maternity?? I’m also way huger than all of my friends with singleton pregnancies, though I haven’t actually gotten a specific week that I’m measuring at, but hey, we’ve got two babies crammed in there! How awesome will it be to have twins the same age! Oh man, I’m so stinking excited for you :)

9. Julie
    July 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Hoping and praying for happy and healthy brothers for Miller! And lots of love and luck as you navigate this difficult journey!

10. Rhona
    July 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Oh my gosh you are adorable and I love your outfit!!! I’ve been following your blog for a few years now but have rarely (if ever, oops sorry for lurking!) commented, and I just feel such a big bubble of happiness for you! I know I don’t know you in real life but your honesty and openness about what happened with Miller makes me feel like I do! So good for you and these two precious boys, and I will be following along and sending good vibes the whole way to the delivery room!!! :)

11. Erika
    July 18, 2012 2:49 pm

No judging at all. I am totally with you on not having to be pregnant again. I am sooo excited for you!

12. Maya
    July 18, 2012 3:02 pm

YAAAAAAY!!! Thanks for the deets! and you look amazing and HOLY MOLEY TWO BABY BOYS WHAT A JACKPOT!

PS. Your hair looks FAB. :) Much love!

13. Lauren
    July 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Wow! Congratulations (x2)!! What fantastic news.

14. Emily
    July 18, 2012 3:49 pm

this is so wonderful! my prayers and lots of good good thoughts headed your way for a smooth rest of the way! congratulations again janet!

15. Kim @ Kim and Mikey
    July 18, 2012 3:59 pm

I just squealed outloud when I read your last two posts. I was a faithful follower of your blog during my wedding planning and early stages of wedded bliss. But somehow stopped reading for awhile – shame on me – when I finally found your blog again, I was so sad to learn of your beloved Miller’s passing. However, I am overjoyed that you are expecting twins! I am offering up lots of prayers for 2 healthy babies to be delivered in November!

16. Melissa
    July 18, 2012 4:35 pm

You look fabulous!! We’re all still on-a-cloud HAPPY for you, lady. :) It seems so *right* that this pregnancy timeline is so close to that of Miller’s. And I 100% understand about your not wanting to be pregnant again. I can’t imagine how difficult this journey is for you emotionally, but I DO like to imagine the joy awaiting you when you hear those babies cry for the first time. It will be… such a moment. Praying for you daily and sending tons of love from me, George, and our three boys to you, Andrew, and your three boys. :) xoxoxo

17. Emily
    July 18, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello! You don’t know me, but we have a mutual friend (Jen W.). I came here because she linked to your announcement from her blog, but then I read about your sweet Miller. I lost a baby, too, in May of last year. So I just wanted to send hugs! And I wanted to let you know that even though I just “met” you, I’m so excited for you! Two little boys! How exciting.

July 18, 2012 6:00 pm

My Mom says that having twins was the best deal she ever, EVER got. Two babies from one pregnancy is the ultimate “two-fer.”

July 18, 2012 7:12 pm

You look utterly fabulous and I want to give you all the hugs ever.

And long live the IUI. Who the hell knows how and why sometimes they fail and why sometimes they REALLY work. : )

20. Sian
    July 18, 2012 8:13 pm

You look absolutely beautiful! I don’t think anyone would judge you for not wanting to be pregnant again after you’ve had your beautiful boys. To be blessed with two beautiful baby boys after all that you’ve been through is absolutely wonderful and nobody deserves it more. :D

July 18, 2012 8:17 pm

aw janet you look so cute and i’m just so excited for you and your boys. sending all the good baby vibes forever and ever. yay bebes!

July 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Loving your white pants! I guess this means it’s a for sure thing that they are both boys now?

23. Laural
    July 19, 2012 9:06 am

I am so so so so so happy for you!
    I was going through my reader and saw both of these posts, and I’m sitting at my desk crying. You look amazing, by the way.

24. Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks
    July 19, 2012 11:23 am

You look exactly the way you’re supposed to look – beautiful! I also think it’s really special that you think of Miller throughout this pregnancy – because he’s a large part of why you’re pregnant again at this time. And he deserves a special place in this time of your life. Here’s hoping for a great November!

25. Paula
    July 19, 2012 3:31 pm

CONGRATULATIONS to you and the hubs! So very, exceedingly happy for your whole family. Twins! Zomg, girl :) :) love, Paula

July 19, 2012 6:38 pm

So happy for you! You look fantastic!

27. Elaine
    July 20, 2012 11:28 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

28. Marianne
    July 21, 2012 11:16 am

You look beautiful, amazing, stunning, and so happy. I hope you don’t mind, but I will be praying for you and your little ones. Praying that you have peace of mind and can enjoy the pregnancy. Praying for a quick recovery from the c-section (my unsolicited advice post c-section: accept all of the help anyone offers! it’s major surgery, even though it happens all the time.). Praying that you share many pictures of your joy once your little ones are born.

*So many* hugs to you from Chicago!

29. Emily
    July 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Congratulations on this amazing news! Your babies are very lucky to have you. You look amazing, and I wish you nothing but the best!

30. Alissa
    July 24, 2012 5:48 pm

OMG~! This is the best news! How did you keep it a secret for so long? Wow, two more boys. I am so happy for you hon. You deserve the best pregnancy ever and I pray that the next few weeks go by quickly and uneventfully. YAY!

31. birdiedorf
    July 24, 2012 7:18 pm

hail mary iui, lol

32. Bee
    July 24, 2012 9:37 pm

You are the most adorable pregnant with twins mama, ever!

July 27, 2012 7:15 pm

You look amazing and congratulations again, lady!

34. Emily
    July 28, 2012 4:39 pm

You look so healthy and cute! I am so glad you are only hearing good news (and get to skip the challenge of IVF).

Keep up the good work….your honesty and openness continues to inspire me.

35. Kristin
    July 30, 2012 11:42 am

I’m so very happy and excited for you!!! Praying for the health of your boys and you.

36. willikat
    July 30, 2012 7:17 pm

OMG!!!!!!! Happiness bomb!!!! So happy for you! Congratulations! I hope you have been feeling OK! (I am 14 weeks in and still want to just flop over from the sick and the tired…but trying to blog about it anyway.) YAY! AHHH! I am probably irrationally excited for someone I’ve never technically met. Sending all happy and healthy thoughts your way. Funny how a “hail mary” worked…at about the same time as Miller. Those kind of coincidences make my hair stand on end.

YAAAAAY!

37. Kate
    July 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Oh my gosh Jan, I couldn’t be happier for you and Andrew. Twins! Boys! Congrats!

38. red pen mama
    August 10, 2012 8:38 am

First, you look lovely.

Second: I understand about living babies. When I was pregnant with M, my second son (who is 20 months now), I used to tell my husband all the time, “This better work because I’m NOT doing it again.”

Hugs and love and luck, my dear. Will continue to visit for good news!