brooklyn college mental health counseling medsnoprescriptiononline.com weight loss plans pills

July 20, 2012 · filed under travel

2.5 days in Iceland

Whoever is in charge of the marketing for Iceland and/or IcelandAir should definitely get some kind of award, because the only reason Andrew and I even went to Iceland was because of the ads I kept seeing everywhere for the airline, and the fact that you can have a multi-day layover on your way to or from Europe for no additional cost. When we booked our family trip to Norway, there was no reason not to add a mini-trip to Iceland just for us.

Iceland is….on another planet, it seems. I don’t even know how to describe it. The landscape changes from lush green farmland (albeit with almost no trees) to post-apocalyptic, black-rocked lava fields in a matter of minutes. We saw such a tiny fraction of the island, but I’d love to see more.

Also, from the minute you step on an IcelandAir flight, you get this feeling that Iceland is obsessed with itself. Iceland loves Iceland! Perhaps this is a necessity for a country that thrives on tourism, but I’ve never before felt it quite like this when I’ve entered a new country.

July 20, 2012 4:30 pm

So amazing. These pics are glorious! I can’t wait to check out some of your recommendations!

2. Maya
    July 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Ahhh Scandinavia! I loved Denmark and Finland, but missed Norway which was sad for this Norweigan! The fish, the people….Iceland sounds COOL! Can’t wait for more pictures…hopefully some of YOU ? :) Aloha!

July 20, 2012 6:04 pm

I just discovered that most of my ancestors on my mom’s side came from Iceland (and the rest from Norway). It quickly moved up to the top of my list of next places to visit – so I can’t wait to see all your photos! Iceland looks amazing and I’ve had about 5 friends take trips there recently, so their marketing is definitely working!

July 20, 2012 7:23 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever known anyone that’s traveled to Iceland, that is just so cool! And glad you guys had such a great time on your mini trip there.

5. kelly
    July 21, 2012 12:21 am

I stopped in Iceland on the way to Norway in the spring and loved it too! I wish I had known about the bike tours – that sounds awesome. Friends that I saw there took me directly to the hot dog stand after I got off the plane – I agree, they weren’t all that good. I did the Blue Lagoon and it was nice, but I was actually sad that I didn’t get to hit up one of the local pools so I am actually kind of jealous that you did!

I can’t wait to hear about Norway – I lived there for 6 months this past year and am hoping to go back soon.

6. Lele
    July 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Iceland! Awesomesauce!

7. Alison
    July 22, 2012 12:29 am

That will be some fun memories to share when you have your arms full of babies. Sounds like a great trip!

8. Kris Coronado
    July 23, 2012 6:53 am

Next time you go back, do a glacier walk. It was so amazing!

July 23, 2012 2:43 pm

“Iceland loves Iceland!” made me bust out laughing at work.