August 15, 2012 · filed under life

random useless tidbits

I have hit upon the world’s most expensive + best tasting snack: Manchego cheese and these crackers from Whole Foods that cost like $8 but are made with chunks of fruit and nuts and amazingness. (Raincoast crisps for those of you who’ve had the joy of eating such ridiculously expensive crackers.) Add grapes and I’d call it a meal.

—–

Miller’s birthday is next week and I’m basically paralyzed by what to DO for it. So far I’ve gotten as far as “request the day off from work” and “cry my face off.” I’d like to go on a hike here, but…

—–

…my belly is measuring 29 weeks pregnant (I’m 24). And my OB wants to see if he can get me to a C-Section at 38 weeks. By my math…let’s see here….in 14 more weeks I’ll be approximately…..FORTY THOUSAND WEEKS GIGANTOHUGE by then.

—–

Do you have one thing in your life where you are ALWAYS thinking about buying it, and yet NEVER seem to actually buy it? For me, that thing is rugs. I’m thinking I really, really could use some rug action in my house, but I’m kind of paralyzed when it comes to actually choosing/purchasing. Anyone else have that problem? I’m on the verge of buying these funky Flor tiles for the upstairs “loft” area in my house.

—–

I swore I’d quit facebook when they made me get a timeline. Well, I now have timeline and I haven’t quit yet. I also said I’d post Norway photos soon. I guess my word means nothing now!

—–

A full night of sleep and an iced coffee will make ANY day better.

—–

Any random useless tidbits in your life?

—–

1. Courtney
    August 15, 2012 12:33 pm

They have a version of those crackers at Trader Joe’s that are only $3 ish and taste just as good!

2. Nic
    August 15, 2012 1:03 pm

okay, if you’re a manchego fan, you must try it stuffed in dates. And if if you want to get decadent, stuff the date with manchego, wrap it in bacon and then bake until the bacon is done. Trust me.

August 15, 2012 1:38 pm

I just bought a rug from IKEA for J-Mo’s man-cave….it has a single, giant paisley with orange, magenta, yellow and limey-green stripes on a black background. I love it….and, um, it’s kind of growing on him.

(See how I decorate my man’s man-cave? I’m an awesome wife like that…)

I definitely think taking the day off is the way to go, and I also think that something intimate, and absolutely no pressure is preferable to any other way to commemorate the day. The hike sounds lovely.

August 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Oh, dear, I wish you could go on a hike! That would be so good in so many ways.

My random tidbit today is that I am wearing a Forever 21 dress, and I really hope it doesn’t look ridiculous and young on me. Also, I can’t believe that I actually bought clothing at Forever 21.

August 15, 2012 3:01 pm

i LOVE those raincoast crisps. i had completely forgotten about them and now i will be buying them tomorrow when i get an espresso. they are insanely delicious.

random tidbit: i stopped washing my hair everyday. and i love it.

August 15, 2012 3:28 pm

The thing I am always thinking about buying but never do is frames. For photos and for artwork I purchased when I went to Barcelona (the first time….almost 10 years ago). I’d love to have these things hanging on my walls, but can never seem to manage to buy frames. It’s a problem.

August 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Taking the day off and some cathartic tears and whatever else moves you–nap? good treats? other things that make your heart happy?–sounds like solid plan to me.

My one random useless tidbit is that I actually bought a pair of pants that fit WELL. Like, not kinda okay not really, but they LOOK GOOD. So I bought all the colors in my size that were available. ‘Cause that’s how I roll.

August 16, 2012 7:34 pm

I must find those crackers.

My random tidbit is that I started this comment like ages ago but then got lost in the rabbit hole of the Flor website. I want to completely redo my house now.

9. willikat
    August 16, 2012 8:30 pm

We had Flor tiles at our loft, they are the bomb! We need rugs for our new house. They really do tie the room together. (Bonus points if you know where that reference came from!)

August 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Rugs are hard! They really can add something to a space, but they are so expensive. So you have to wait for a great one to go on sale – and that never seems to happen – or you just bite the bullet. I’ve been paralyzed on rug purchases for years.

You are not going to be GIGANTOHUGE. You are going to be GIGANTOGORGEOUS!

11. saly
    August 22, 2012 10:04 am

i just found you through Twitter–I am also expecting twins! And I cannot even imagine how large I’m going to end up being.

Anyway…congrats on your 2 baby boys!