I am now officially-slash-unofficially on bedrest-slash-couchrest for the remainder of this pregnancy. What that means is I’m technically done working (and on disability/maternity leave), but still have maybe 10-20 hours of work to wrap up at home, and though I’m not exactly medically confined to my bed, I am supposed to be laying down with my feet up as much as possible. (Otherwise: Cankles. Oh my, the cankles.)
Of course, I didn’t take this seriously at all over the weekend when we built two cribs, installed blinds, built a dresser, assembled our new FLOR rug, and moved furniture. Or the weekend before when we bought a new car! But damn if I don’t love my new car, new rug, or the sight of two cribs in the little bedroom.
My doctor has me aiming for a day-after-Thanksgiving delivery date (unless he changes his mind or anything at all changes with my health or the babies’ health), which leaves me up to seven weeks to get everything done on my To Do list, all while laying down as much as possible.
The big things on the list are:
- Get prepared for breastfeeding (see top photo), as much as one can prepare for such a thing in advance.
- Finish up the nursery and organizing all the things it contains (still quite a ways to go).
- Organize and update my personal life – set up my new laptop, backup all my files, finally get my wedding video on DVD, get all our financial/”being an adult” stuff in order, etc. You know, the things that I will likely NEVER do once the children arrive.
- I’m considering doing all my Christmas shopping now. Is that crazy?
- Have lunches and day dates with my friends while I still have my freedom!
- I would say SLEEP, but hahahahahahahaahhaaaaaa. Nope, this will remain a happy memory/dream from trimesters past.
I’m truly trying to enjoy these final weeks. I don’t want to complain too much, or let the anxiety creep in too far. I know it could all end tomorrow. Or it could drag on for 50+ days of achy, ouchy, restless boredom. Hopefully I can get enough done and also relax enough that I’ll look back on these final weeks with good and happy feelings.Tweet