Whoa, kiddos. I’ve made it to 33 weeks, I’ve been on couch rest for three weeks already, and I’ll have these babies one way or another in less than 33 days. How about I give you an update in threes?
3 Biggest Complaints
- My hips are KILLING me. The worst part about this is that sleeping/laying down makes the pain worse. And yet, I need to be laying down most of the time. Oy.
- I have all this new skin (thanks, stretch marks) that’s really raw and sensitive.
- Cankles and swelling all over. Related: I seem to have developed carpal tunnel in my hands and wake up feeling like I have rigor mortis in my fingers.
3 Things About Baby A
- He weighs a bit more than 4 pounds.
- He is breech and doesn’t seem interested in flipping around anytime soon.
- He is the only baby who will show his face for the ultrasound ladies. It’s a darn cute face!
3 Things about Baby B
- He weighs right around 4 pounds, but is about 10% smaller than his brother.
- He makes up for his smallness by being a karate-parkour-gymnastics-yoga baby, oh my.
- He is laying completely transverse across my belly and gets the hiccups a lot.
3 Things I Can’t Live Without
- Watching the Ellen Show every day
- My Tervis mug, full of ice and water
- Twitter, texting, and gchatting, because couch rest is actually kind of isolating if I don’t get out each day.
3 Things I Do Every Day
- Dishes. OMG, who knew that staying home all day resulted in SO MANY DIRTY DISHES?!?!
- Chauffeur my husband to or from work, and sometimes both. The new car makes this kind of fun!
- Put my feet up and watch the babies go crazypants : )
3 Things I Worry About
- How I’m supposed to be pregnant for another entire month. I know this is a good and hopeful thing, but I’m also so large and uncomfy that I feel like someone’s playing a mean joke on me.
- How we are supposed to go from just us, which we’ve been for almost ten years now (!), to suddenly, overnight, being in charge of two tiny human beings. Too much free time leaves lots of room for existential crises!
- Breastfeeding two babies.
3 Middle Names that Have Been Rejected
- my maiden name
3 Things I Really Wanna Do Before Babies Arrive
- Get my wedding video edited and onto a DVD
- See as many friends as I can, as often as I can
- Have my DC-BFF take a couple of nice maternity photos of me (which we plan to do this weekend!)
3 Things I Can’t Wait For
- Drinking a big, fat margarita
- Rolling over in bed without yelping in pain
- Snuggling with TWO TINY BABIES