The boys have changed so much in the last week or two.
- Lost all of his hair (seemingly overnight?), was Mr. Clean bald for a few days, and then sprouted a nice, new layer of blond fuzz. I love to rub his soft little head.
- Started smiling at us just in the last day or two. It’s the best!
- Loves loves loves his pacifier and hates hates hates when it falls out of his mouth.
- Sounds like a little sad puppy when he cries (usually because the pacifier has fallen out).
- Has definitely had a growth spurt and looks to be the same size as Holden. They get weighed at the doctor tomorrow so we’ll find out which baby is fatter soon.
- Only likes to poop once per day or so. (Sorry I’m talking about my kids’ poop.)
- Was the first to smile, at my DC-BFF, and oh my, it’s so cute. Sometimes he grins with his lips mostly closed and sometimes it’s a full open mouth smile.
- Still has most of the hair he was born with. Not sure if it will fall out like Teddy’s did, or not? Babies are weird, man.
- Is very mellow almost all the time. When he does cry, it starts softly and let’s be honest, I usually scoop to pick him up before it gets any louder. I don’t think you can spoil a baby this young.
- Is definitely my snuggle baby. Both boys are snuggly, but Holden’s favorite thing to do it lay on your chest and take a nice nap. Usually with some snoring. (He also loves being put in the Moby or the Beco carriers for cuddly naps that still let you be productive.)
- Are outgrowing their newborn clothes. We’ve still been dressing them in newborn and 0-3 month onesies, but they are starting to look like V-necks because they’re just too short!
- Sleep in their room at night, sharing a crib. They still eat every ~3 hours so last night we put them down at 9, fed them at midnight, 3:30 am, and 6:30 am. Andrew set his alarm for 6:30 today but one of them started crying at 6:28 anyway.
- Have grown so much in two months. It honestly blows my mind. Here are some comparison photos.
Teddy at two days old and Holden at one day old (not a great pic but shows you how tiny they were):
The boys yesterday, two months later:Tweet