February 15, 2013 · filed under twins

one hundred days old

Happy Valentine's Day from these two heartthrobs

100 days old. This feels like a milestone. Perhaps we should celebrate babies on their 100th day, because it feels like they have turned from blobs into little people. Or, as my friend Caroline and I have discussed, maybe this should be a day for celebrating that the parents survived the hardest part of newbornhood. Either way, go us!

Holden: (the little hambone on the left up there)

• Busted out of his swaddle several nights in a row. He shimmied his arms up and out until he could poke himself in the face.
  • Seems to be on the verge of discovering that he has hands, and oh! that they are attached to his body. He lays around holding his arms up in front of his face, but hasn’t quite figured out they are HIS yet.
  • Has figured out how to shove his hands in his mouth (usually the left one) and suck on them. How can something like this be so cute?
  • Has become fast friends with his Mr. Moo cow lovey blanket.
  • Likes to nap in your arms.

Teddy: (the one taking his “major hunk” role very seriously on the right up above)

• Had a few evenings where he couldn’t be consoled and cried for a few 5-minute spurts. The fact that this is notable tells you how infrequently there have been crying jags in this house. (And I am grateful!)
  • Loves to look at himself in the mirror and grin. It’s killer.
  • Has become friends with his Little Lamb lovey blanket.
  • Likes to eat eat eat eat eat eat eat and then go into a food coma. He’s a chubster!

Both boys:

• Slept ahhhhhmazingly well this week! Every night they went down around 10:30 or 11pm, and woke up around 6 or 6:30am.
  • Seem to enjoy the long walks we’ve been going on. They snooze pretty much the whole time.
  • Their eyes seem to be getting even more blue.
  • Are basically the world’s best babies, I’m pretty sure.

I can’t quite put into words how much I love these boys.

Previously: twelve weeks • two months • one month • three weeks • two weeks

1. Mom
    February 15, 2013 5:41 pm

I can’t quite put into words how my heart bursts with joy for you and Andrew. And myself. Come home soon!!! Love you.

February 15, 2013 6:11 pm

I just love this picture of them! My gosh they are handsome.

3. Janelle
    February 15, 2013 6:15 pm

Aaak! I die of cuteness!

February 15, 2013 6:25 pm

That is an awesome picture. I’m glad they are doing so well. So happy for you.

5. Shari Fox
    February 16, 2013 8:47 am

Ham and Hunk! hehe.. They do mimic their nick names.
    I am so happy for you and Andrew! They are perfect!!

February 16, 2013 9:08 am

They did a big celebration at Lily’s school last week for being in Kindergarten for 100 Days! If they can celebrate 100 days so can you! I’m so glad for you that a 5 minute crying jag is worth noting. Those were daily occurrences when I had my first baby and oh, the stress! Love you, and then, and so glad things are going so well!

7. Suzanne
    February 16, 2013 4:26 pm

<3 sweetness. They sound like healthy, happy babies, and they are so adorable. <3

February 18, 2013 10:22 am

Holden is SO the hambone. His little smile/smirk melts my heart. And his brother’s arm around him is just too much.

As always, I’m just so very happy for you and Andrew. Exceedingly so.

9. Angela Noelle
    February 19, 2013 10:57 am

The girls have entered the fists constantly in the mouth stage too–I fear we shall now have gooey hands for the next few years ;) They are so handsome. I wish we could have playdates!!!

10. Tara
    February 19, 2013 5:40 pm

Great photo! It’s so hard for me to photograph both boys together and have them both look good.

Our twins seem to be on the same sleep schedule. The last few days they are now sleeping from 11 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. YAY! I feel human again.

11. Lele
    February 19, 2013 10:33 pm

In Korea there is a big 100 day celebration. Tradition was thought that the mother wouldn’t leave the home or BATHE in the first 100 days after birth. So while that is cause for celebration, no doubt, I am glad you just get to celebrate these two adorable gents! XO

12. Melissa L
    February 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi there…I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award, I hope that’s okay! If you don’t have time, no worries!

13. Danielle
    February 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Your boys are BEAUTIFUL!! You commented on my blog a couple weeks ago – I’m so happy to find more twin moms on here. :) I’ll subscribe to your blog (not that that means I’ll actually find time to read – but it’s SO nice, I hope I do haha) and find you on Twitter…seems like we’ll probably have some of the same excitement and challenges at the same time over the next few years! :)

Where do they sleep? Our girls sleep in bassinets about 50% of the time, but sleep SO much better if we co-sleep. Are you breastfeeding? We are and I feel like it’s going pretty well, but it’s definitely been a challenge!!

14. Lea
    February 21, 2013 8:34 pm

I LOVE that picture! Your boys are super handsome, and 100 days is certainly worth celebrating!

February 24, 2013 9:36 am

That photo is too, too cute!