100 days old. This feels like a milestone. Perhaps we should celebrate babies on their 100th day, because it feels like they have turned from blobs into little people. Or, as my friend Caroline and I have discussed, maybe this should be a day for celebrating that the parents survived the hardest part of newbornhood. Either way, go us!
Holden: (the little hambone on the left up there)
- Busted out of his swaddle several nights in a row. He shimmied his arms up and out until he could poke himself in the face.
- Seems to be on the verge of discovering that he has hands, and oh! that they are attached to his body. He lays around holding his arms up in front of his face, but hasn’t quite figured out they are HIS yet.
- Has figured out how to shove his hands in his mouth (usually the left one) and suck on them. How can something like this be so cute?
- Has become fast friends with his Mr. Moo cow lovey blanket.
- Likes to nap in your arms.
Teddy: (the one taking his “major hunk” role very seriously on the right up above)
- Had a few evenings where he couldn’t be consoled and cried for a few 5-minute spurts. The fact that this is notable tells you how infrequently there have been crying jags in this house. (And I am grateful!)
- Loves to look at himself in the mirror and grin. It’s killer.
- Has become friends with his Little Lamb lovey blanket.
- Likes to eat eat eat eat eat eat eat and then go into a food coma. He’s a chubster!
- Slept ahhhhhmazingly well this week! Every night they went down around 10:30 or 11pm, and woke up around 6 or 6:30am.
- Seem to enjoy the long walks we’ve been going on. They snooze pretty much the whole time.
- Their eyes seem to be getting even more blue.
- Are basically the world’s best babies, I’m pretty sure.
I can’t quite put into words how much I love these boys.