Oh, these babies. They have stolen my heart and now they are trying to crawl away with it. I’m finally used to the rapid changes that each month brings.
Highlights from this month include:
- Spending lots of time with their cousin Piper.
- First time swinging at the park.
- Mobility! Teddy can scoot every way except forward and Holden is close behind. Teddy has also mastered planks, pushups, and downward-facing dog. They both get stuck under furniture all the time now!
- Selling our house! It took 11 days, 3 open houses, and nearly 20 showings. Keeping the house spotless with two babies was not easy but the boys were great during our many outings during that time.
- First outdoor concert.
- They continue to try new foods but there is very little actual eating. Sometimes I purée a fruit or veggie for them, sometimes I make oatmeal, sometimes I offer bites from my plate, and sometimes I give them a chunk of food to gnaw on.
- First grocery trip sitting up in the shopping cart — very exciting for the boys and the patrons of Costco : )
- Watched the fireworks over the Washington Monument from our perch on the lawn at the Capitol building.
- A weekend with Grammy and Grandpa, who they LOVE.
- Teeth! Holden has two teeth and Teddy has four. (And suddenly I am so glad I’m not nursing them anymore!)
- Sleep…has been less great. New teeth, new motor skills, and a realization that mommy sometimes needs to put them down (gasp!) and leave the room (no!) have been a bit of a challenge. Holden has actually been going down great but Teddy has been pretty high maintenance at bedtime. For awhile they were waking up in the 4am hour but the last two days it’s been 5:30am, which I guess is good? Oy.
- Favorite toys include: Johnny jump-up, a hand-me-down mirror & music toy, Sophie the giraffe, any of the Manhattan toys (like Freddie the Firefly), water bottles, measuring cups, and crunchy books with animal tails.
Holden smiles with his two bottom teeth showing and it’s just so darn cute. He is happy, snuggly, and easy to please. He is my skinny little guy but he can roll anywhere he wants to grab a toy.
Teddy is so chatty lately. I love listening to him babble away. He is expressive, strong, and happy. He loves to be held but also loves to scoot all the way across the room. He can locate and insert his pacifier into his mouth now, too. That kid is motivated!
The boys are starting to play together, which generally means stealing a pacifier or a toy away from each other. The very best is when they giggle at each other. I am a very lucky mama to get to spend my days (and nights) with these little loves.Tweet