My, how time flies and how babies turn into children. With strong opinions and everything! My computer time has reached an all-time low lately (which is probably not a bad thing) but I wanted to jot down some of the new things the boys are up to.
- Walks! Runs! Trips and falls and gets back up. He pretty much never crawls anymore. He started walking on November 20th, just about 2 weeks after his birthday.
- Loves to “talk on the phone,” which looks something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE4o1ur3LSc
- Loves to steal the remote control. We will often find very bizarre shows recorded on our DVR.
- Goes down to sleep with almost zero drama and sleeps all night. Naps twice per day. When it’s time for sleep/nap, we put him in his crib with three pacifiers, and he is usually asleep within 10 minutes. But the more pacifiers the better and if he loses all of them, he will scream.
- If he is feeling sassy (which is VERY often), he will throw his pacifiers out of the crib and then exclaim, “Uh-oh!” (first official word)
- Chats nonstop, though none of it makes any sense to me.
- Is about the 30th percentile in height and weight, though he looks like a chunker to me.
- Has a strawberry blond mullet.
- Is super social and a total flirt. Last night we went to a restaurant, and after the boys finished devouring an entire adult entrée of cheese enchiladas, he walked around the entire restaurant to greet people.
- Has 12 teeth! (front top 4, front bottom 4, and 4 molars!)
- Loves to dance to the final Jeopardy music.
- Isn’t walking yet, but will stand unassisted and is VERY proud of himself for it. Super cute.
- Has pretty long hair (also strawberry blond), which I trimmed for the 2nd time today.
- Sleeps in his crib at night but prefers to nap with me during the day. So I’ve been taking a lot of naps lately, but only in the name of making sure Holden naps well. ; )
- Is tall and skinny, like 70th percentile for height and 20th for weight. Not sure where he got those genes…
- Loves to “tinker” with small toys. He likes to put things inside of other things, stuff like that.
- Has 8 teeth in and 4 molars on their way in. His toothy smile is freaking adorable.
- Is a super sweetheart who loves his “peanut baby” doll and mini stuffed tiger.
- Gives the best kisses. Open-mouthed, of course.
- Knows that waving at the cat is the best way to talk to the cat.
- Needs about 2 hours less of sleep per day than Teddy. He wakes up early in the morning (5:30 or 6:00) and always, always wakes up first from naps.
Both boys love:
- bath time
- food (omg they eat SO MUCH FOOD now)
- being “chased” by us and giggling a ton
- the cat (stalking down the cat, trying to pet the cat, looking for the cat under the bed, etc)
- drinking water from our cups or water bottles
- their new Cozy Coupe car and their million other Christmas presents (play kitchen from a garage sale, homemade latch board, etc)
- trips to the library (where Teddy tried to “talk” to every person there)
- eating at restaurants, as long as we give them food at a fast enough rate